1 can (28 oz.) whole plum tomatoes with juice, crushed by hand
1 can (14.5 oz.) tomato sauce
2 sprigs basil
1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) red pepper, flakes
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 package (450 g) regular Potato Gnocchi
1/2 cup (60 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
Servings: 4 People
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium flame until hot. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally until onion is translucent. Add the wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Then, add tomatoes with juice, 1 can tomato sauce, basil, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until slightly thick, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn of heat; cover to keep warm.
2. Bring a large pot water to a rolling boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add half package of the gnocchi; when they float to the top (after about 2 minutes), take them out with a slotted spoon into the saucepan with sauce. Repeat process with remaining gnocchi. Stir to coat well with sauce.
3. Preheat your Air Fryer at 400 F (200 C).
4. Transfer gnocchi with tomato sauce into a baking dish that can fit into the Air Fryer basket. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cook for 8 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
5. Remove from the Air Fryer and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parmesan shavings.