3 oz. (85 g) glass noodles, cooked to packaging instruction
4 oz. (120 g) firm tofu, diced
2 tablespoons (30 ml) peanut oil
1 tablespoon (10 g) garlic, minced
1/4 cup (40 g) onion, chopped
1 medium (60 g) carrot, julienned
1/2 head (200 g) cabbage, shredded
1 cup (100 g) mungbean sprouts
2 tablespoons (30 ml) oyster sauce
1 teaspoon (5 g) brown sugar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 sheets spring roll wrapper
1 lightly beaten egg yolk, for sealing the wraps
cooking oil spray
sweet chili sauce, to serve
Servings: 6 People
1. In a wok, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic and onion for 3 minutes.
2. Add the glass noodles, tofu, carrots, cabbage, mungbean sprouts, oyster sauce, and brown sugar. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and let it cool.
3. Take a spring roll wrapper and then scoop about 2 tablespoons of vegetable filling. Place the filling on the diamond-edged of the wrapper. Roll inwards until you reach about 3/4, then fold in the flaps from left and right and then dab a small amount of egg yolk in the diamond-edge opposite from where you started. Close the top flap like an envelope. Repeat for the remaining spring roll wrapper and vegetable filling.
4. Preheat your Air Fryer to 380 F (190 C).
5. Arrange the spring rolls in the Air Fryer cooking basket. Spray lightly with oil. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overcrowd. Cook in batches if needed.